Sunday, November 25, 2012

How to make a Table Center piece for Christmas

     Yay the Christmas season is here!  We had a great Thanksgiving,  had super full bellies now bring on the Christmas Decorating.  I have enjoyed Christmas lights and Christmas decorations for as long as I can remember.  I can remember my mom and dad taking me for drives after Christmas gathering to see as many decorated homes as possible. Now my husband and I take our kids to oooh and ahhh over neighborhood decorations and lights.
   I had the whole weekend off without any work to do so I made huge plans to decorate.  So I went out and bought a new tree (fake).  A bit smaller for more room in our living room.  No new decorations this year, bought a bunch on clearance ant the end of last years season. Well I was looking for a center piece for our table preferably a tree. Although all I found was a pre-lit small tree.  It would have been a waste cause I have no plug on my table so I went to thinking.  Came up with an idea, ran to the craft section and grabbed a green foam cone.

     You want to see what I came up with??
Isn't it cute??  So this is what I did.... I took Christmas balls of all sizes ,a foam cone, a glue gun and lots of glue sticks.  I would have to say i had about 40 Christmas balls I took some cute cone looking ones for top and bottom row and round ones for the rest of the tree.  Starting off cone like shaped ornament then with the smallest balls only about 1 inch round balls, I took all the hanging caps off then impressed the top in the foam them filled the hole with glue then placed the ornament.  I did the same thing with all the ornaments working around the cone with the sizes of your ornaments getting larger and you work your way around till you get to the bottom and most of the foam is covered. If you have areas of foam that are still exposed just load a small ornament with clue and place it in those areas.  Until no more foam is showing this will require about 10 more small Christmas balls.  Once all my foam is covered I glued a star on the top and felt it needed one more little touch so I added a glitter bow ornament.  
Hope you try this, my kids love is and it adds to my kitchen decor.  If reading the instructions is not enough and I may have missed a step check out the Video Tutorial .  Leave feed back and feel free to ask any questions.
Enjoy your Holiday Decorating and most important enjoy your family and friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment