Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dollar Store find goes from not so great to SUPER CUTE!

     I have been waiting to post this totally great idea I had!  So I grabbed the idea and ran with it and it became reality.  So I was browsing through a new little shop in our small little town, it is a little local dollar store and you know me and my love for dollar stores.  So I stopped by a new little juice and sandwich spot! Grabbed some berry berry juice yum, yum!  They had the norm, ya know balloons, cooking utensils, cookies and on and on.  I wandered over to the jewelry section didn't see much I liked till I found these clip on ear rings in ugly gold (not a fan of gold).  I looked at them a bit longer and thought that I could work with this particular style so I bought them and brought them home.  These are what I ended up with....
these gold clip on ear rings! Don't pay any attention to the price they were a buck.  Ya know they are not to bad.  I decided to take some nice black nail polish and take the gold away.

 I did like the look of one coat but you can still see the gold so I did stick on two coats and this nail polish also dried fast.  Oh an I did purchase it at the dollar store I bought the ear rings from.  It is a skinny brush decorating polish yeah double duty!!

 Looks pretty good, but I can not ever leave well enough alone.  On pinterest I had seen how you can paint rhinestones with polish to make them pop.  Since I re-pinned that post I have been searching for rhinestone jewelry so I can paint, here is my chance. I pulled out great colors that went with black and dabbled on the popping color :).

Here a few clips of how they looked through out the steps and also a before and after.  They still remain as clip on ear rings but I am going to change the backs on them to fit my ears.  If I had normal pierced ears I would glue on regular ear ring stud backs on them with industrial glue but I do have gauged ears so I will take a pair of gauged plugs and glue them on the backs but until then I will wear them as is and they work!!
 Looking goo on my ears!!  Yay another dollar store find made even better with only a few bucks, I have to say I am liking them, yay!
 Tell me what you think leave me some feed back let me know what you think of my dollar store idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment