Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My mini Dollar Tree splurge


   So I will be honest and say that I could not wait to post again on "My Blog", hehe! Yes still a little giddy about having my blog and posting new blogs. Before I get started on my mini Dollar Tree splurge I just want to give a shout out to all teachers and those of you who are retired.  We are celebrating teachers and school faculty at work this week put together a little appreciation celebration. So here is a little shout our to those important people in our community so take the time and say thanks to these special people.

     Not sure how many people out there know about this dandy little store called "Dollar Tree".  Let me tell you it is so much fun!  If anyone is a fan of Pintrest there are many blogs on what to and what not to buy at the dollar tree Things to buy at the dollar store, so check it out.
    I personally love the Dollar Tree I go there and purchase many things.  I do get snacks for my kids lunch and I buy storage containers oh and I can go on and on.  If you are a budget queen or king and love to get a bang for your buck I really suggest you check it out! Enough of me repeating my self let me get to the items I brought home in my bag from this trip.
Yup everything just a buck, ( plus tax)
First on the list Duct tape, but not just any duct tape but animal print duct tape.  If anyone has checked out my Etsy page you all know my love for duct tape.  Now I do admit that there is not much on the roll, but enough to make a little wallet or cover your cell phone stripe out your note book for school and much much more in little projects duct tape is amazing.
A compass,its not just for math class. This is great for pattern making, and just getting that perfect circle and round edge when ever you need it and for a buck its a steal!
POP UP TAPE!  WOW just a buck!  so if you have bought this in a conventional store you will know that the price alone is enough to snag this at the dollar tree.  It is so easy to use especially giving your self a perfect french manicure it is just tacky enough and easy enough to make nail art fun and easy.

Last but not least "Scrub Buddies", not for scrubbing though.  These are much to weak for scrubbing  I do admit and I hear that sponges hold bacteria so I find other fun things to do with them.  I do like these for crafting because they have small finer holes.  So my plans are to make sponge painting sponges.  Make them for the kids make them for t-shirt painting.  I think I want to cut them up into geometric shapes and make a couple of t shirts with a tribal design ( all the rage).
Hope this give everyone an insite on how to think out of the box when at the Dollar Tree, or at any store for that matter.  Give me your feed back and let me know how I am doing.... let me know what you want to know what you want to see give me your feed back.  Of course everyone needs to know I do not work for dollar tree I am only giving you all my ideas and my opinions on their products.  Thanks for sticking around and reading about my ideas.  Enjoy your day and Thanks a teacher!!


No comments:

Post a Comment