Saturday, January 19, 2013

Money Saving Mani

       So does anyone know how much I like shopping at the Dollar Tree?  Yup the Dollar Tree!!!  You never know what amazing stuff you can find.  Well I was grabbing some crayons for my kids night at work and I of course roamed into the cosmetics isle at my local Dollar Tree. To my surprise I found full nail, nail decals. I was skeptical about buying them from the dollar store, ya since they are like 10 bucks at Walmart!! I have even bought them from vendors on ETSY for a bit over 3 bucks, so for a buck......we shall see!! So I grabbed a couple of patterns and was on my way to the register, he he.
So here are a few design I brought home, there were only a few designs left that I didn't buy.  Also in the picture is a jar of Martha Stewart Glitter (that I use for everything).  I will explain what I used it for. So I am sure everyone is excited to hear how they worked.  I was so very happy with the results.  They did crease a bit and they were very delicate so they can rip very easy.  All in all so very happy with the results!!!!
Now here are the steps that I used.  I actually placed artificial tips on my nails cause mine were dry and braking :(  I then took a base coat that I purchased from Sally Beauty Supply called" fuse" it has a bit of a sticky finish to adhere well to the main nail color in this case nail decals.  after placing the decals on all but one finger I smoothed them out as best as possible also filed the tip of my nails to leave a smooth decal finish.  I probably could have left them but I chose to add a top coat of my favorite top coat called "Out the Door" from Sally Beauty Supply dries super fast and is super thick.  Then I needed a focal finger so I took the fuse before it dried sprinkled a layer of glitter let it dry and did it again.  To keep the glitter from falling off I added a top coat with the top coat.

That is it I did it while watching Batman and now I have a very cheap and fast (for the most part) manicure!
FYI : It has almost been 7 days and it is still looking great, so they are so worth the dollar!!!

Hope ya enjoy my tips and tricks for a "Money Saving Mani"

No comments:

Post a Comment